s For those supporters who enjoy buying items themselves, here are a few suggestions which are always welcome. There are two main events during the year which really need help from our supporters, they are Christmas, when we need lots of small toys which can be added together as stocking fillers. the second is the new school year when we need a LOT of educational supplies.
Those who are flying can fill in a Luggage application form, and request extra luggage from their travel company. Once you have filled in your flight and holiday details, click the SUBIMIT button which will send a request for a letter from us and hopefully one will be sent to you within 15 minutes. If you don't receive one then please check your junk folder and if nothing has arrived within 12 hours please message us and let us know.
Health Care and Cleanliness
Health care is an important area of our work as the children are always at a higher risk of infection and dieseses. Malaria and Severe burns are relatively common due to the children's environmental in the slums. We try and prevent as many issues as possible by supplying mosquito protection and give them basic hygeine supplies like soap, toothpaste and monthly pads for the older girls. If something does happen we are here to advice, support and pay for their medical treatment.
- Monthly PadsThe older girls are always in need of monthly pads to make them feels more comfortable
- SoapWe buy most of the soap we give out but are always happy to receive it as gifts in kind
- Toothpaste & BrushesWe are delighted to receive extra toothpaste which we give out months to 100+ kids
- Shampoo & ConditionerThe older girls really benefit from conditioner to help with their really long hair.
- Prickly Heat PowderMay/June are desperate for Prickly Heat Powder as it can get umbearable at times
- FruitWe are happy for visitors to bring and help give it out during their visit (60+ Kids)
- Medical SuppliesNon Adhesive Pads, Medical Tape, Bandages, Hand Sanitiser etc are always useful
Presents and Gifts
Presents might not be as important as the other items in this list, but the joy that the children get by a small present is a joy to watch. We usually give out one or two presents a year. Decembr is the main time when we try and pack, wrap and give out as many presents as possible. Each prsent is usually made up of 6 or 7 smaller items and in the past we have provided over 700 wrapped presents. Although this really depends on the amount of small items that are donated. So please, if you can bring a few small items it will make a huge difference!
- Tennis BallsTennis Balls are always a great stocking filler for both the boys and the girls
- Badminton SetsThe children love badminton, tennis and othre games. Often used as Christmas presents
- Cricket BatsAs you can imagine cricket bat and balls are highly sort after, seasoned bats are preffered
- BalloonsPunch Balloons are the ideal stocking fillers and we are always in need of small items
- FootballsFootballs are usually used for presents at Christmas, any type are balls are welcome
- Bracelets & BanglesAny craft items for making friendship braclets / bangles will keep the children busy
- BubblesBubbles are a great stocking filler and children of any age love them
- Costume JewelleryCostume Jewellery make the girls eyes light up, for the boys watches or tattoo transfers.
Clothes are really useful as the children do get through clothes quite clickly due to their outdoor living and the way the clothes are washed by beating them against a rock and scrubbing down by the local river. If you would like to bring clothes please remember that most of the children are slim so we usually require taller versions of clothes for the age. With the girls it is also important to remember that Indian girls are usually VERY modest and short mini skirts are not really suitable. Long dresses and skirts are ideal, shorts and tshirts for the boys, trousers are also good but narrow waists and long legs preferrable. Children's underwear and Football shirts/shorts are also great things to give.
- Indian ClothesThe older girls really appreciate slim fitting Churidar / Punjabi Suits.
- Children's HatsTo help the younger ones in the sun, small sun hats/caps are a great help
- Baby ClothesNew/Good quality second hand Baby clothes - There are always lots of babies!
- Girls T-ShirtsGirls T-Shirts, preferably long and narrow as they are very slim
- Boys T-ShirtsBoys T-Shirts slim fitting as the boys are generally slim
- Dresses and SkirtsThe girls are much happier in a long skirt or dress, preferably longer than knee length
- Football KitsBoth boys and girls requier football shirts and shorts for sports and casual wear
- Children's UnderwearWe always need new under-wear for kids aged 4 to 16 years of age, boys like boxers and the girls like anything but white!
Education is a large part of what we do, this year we have provided support to over 100 children with their education needs. This is a large drain on our funds and every little helps. Each child we help with education gets a full backpack with books, stationary, uniform, shoes, rain coat/umbrella. We also pay for school fees, school trips and provide a incentive scheme where we provide rice for good attendance. If you think you can help provide any of these items or if you have any questions then do please contact us and let us know how to help.
- Blue Pens For SchoolWe are always in need of Blue ball point pens for the school children
- PencilsEach child uses HB Pencils for school, older children also use 2B & 4B pencils for art
- Pencil CasesEach year we provide a pencil cases for each child, this year we gave out over 200
- Pencil CrayonsSmall packs of Pencil Crayons (12 in a pack) for use at school in Art class
- Felt TipsFelt Tips / Sketch Pens, small packs (12 in a pack) for use at school in Art class
- School BooksWe need over 1000 sibngle line school books each year! (100 / 200 page)
- School BagsEach year we give out around 100 new school bags for the children
- Educational RiceWe need a lot of rice each month as we give it for good attendance at school